Hello lovely people!
Valerie from http://www.wonderstruckbooks.nl/ tagged me in the Disney Book Tag about 2 years ago! So here it’s about time I do this tag!.
1. The Little Mermaid – a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
Vasilisa – Lissa – Dragomir from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Especially in the beginning of the series, she is very much in the search of who she is and what her powers are; making her seem like a fish out of water.
2. Cinderella – a character who goes through a major transformation
Juliette from the Shatter Me series by Tahera Mafi.
3. Snow White – a book with an eclectic cast of characters
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman.
4. Sleeping Beauty – a book that put you to sleep
Armadillo by William Boyd. I had to read this book for school, and it was so boring and I really had to force myself to stay awake and keep on reading – I never fell asleep while reading a book, but this one was close.
5. The Lion King – a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
This is an easy one: Harry Potter. As we all know, Harry’s parents were killed when he was just a baby.
6. Beauty and the Beast – A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. I remember being 15/16 when this book came out and thinking how huge it was, but I also remember loving the book and this is also the series that started my love for YA and the first book I ever read in English.
7. Aladdin – a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse
?? I can’t think of an answer for this one. 🙁
8. Mulan – a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
Eona from EON by Allison Goodman. The book is about Eona who in the first books goes by Eona. She pretends to be a boy throughout the first book of the duo-logy. Why? You will have to find out yourself!
9. Toy Story – a book with characters you wish would come to life
Four from Divergent because: FOUR
10. Disney Descendants – your favourite villain or morally ambiguous character
Severus Snape from the Harry Potter books. He did some morally ambiguous things but in the end, you can’t help but love him!